Latest Today

JAMB Releases Withheld UTME Results [See Two Ways To Check Scores]

JAMB Joint Admission Matriculation Board
News

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has released 279 results from the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) earlier withheld for investigation.

The board disclosed this in a statement issued on Thursday by its Public Communication Advisor, Dr Fabian Benjamin.

Benjamin said the newly released results were in addition to those previously released by the examination body.

He explained that the decision followed ongoing investigations into suspected cases of examination malpractice during the UTME.

According to Benjamin, JAMB released the 279 results after investigations showed that there was no prima facie evidence linking the affected candidates to examination malpractice.

He, however, said some other results were cancelled after investigations confirmed the candidates’ involvement in malpractice.

The board said it would continue to review cases connected to suspected breaches of examination rules and would not hesitate to apply sanctions where wrongdoing was established.

Benjamin added that results from centres flagged by JAMB’s live monitoring team for suspicious activities would remain withheld pending the conclusion of investigations.

He said the same measure would apply to centres linked to adverse reports during the conduct of the examination.

According to him, the board would only release results after it had completed necessary reviews and cleared candidates or centres of any wrongdoing.

He further warned that any candidate found culpable at the end of the investigations would have his or her result cancelled.

The board advised candidates who had yet to access their results to confirm their status using the official result-checking process.

JAMB said affected candidates should send “UTMERESULT” to 55019 or 66019 using the same phone number used during registration.

The examination body maintained that the ongoing review was part of efforts to protect the integrity of the UTME and ensure that only candidates cleared of malpractice had their results released.

Meanwhile, President Bola Tinubu has approved the appointment of Professor Segun Aina as the new Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).

He is set to replace Professor Is-haq Oloyede, whose second term at the helm of JAMB will conclude on July 31, 2026.

This development was confirmed in a statement on Thursday by the Special Adviser to the President on Information and Strategy, Bayo Onanuga.

Onanuga noted that Tinubu expects Aina to bring to bear his vast experience, knowledge, and practical insight into the operations of JAMB, “to take the critical educational organisation beyond the laudable heights achieved by his predecessor.”

PrimeTimes Nigeria understands that Aina, who will be 40 in July, is a distinguished academic and systems expert with extensive experience in national examination systems, digital infrastructure, and public-sector institutional reform.

🚨Watch The Full Video ➤